Next generation of House Art Journal?


When I downloaded pictures from my camera, I discovered this photo on it, taken by my oldest daughter. It shows her freshly-iced loaf of gingerbread set out with chai tea (hence the cream and sugar) for the family to enjoy.

This is the daughter to whom I served started serving tea in china cups before she was two, and she has fond memories of the tea-parties we used to have where we ate cookies before dinner and practiced our manners. I was struck that she wanted to capture her little feast on camera. I for one hope it is one of thousands of teas that she will prepare in her lifetime. Culture is made of such little ceremonies, and our modern life is often desperately impoverished in this regard.

Comments

This really warms my heart. :)
Lucy said…
What beautiful evidence of domestic culture being passed on...one day it will be a grand daughter !

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars